We invite doctoral students who are interested in breast cancer disparities research to apply for the 2018-2019 academic year. Application instructions are provided below. Preference will be given to students with a demonstrated interest in breast cancer disparities research, and students in their 2nd or 3rd year of their doctoral program (though first or fourth year students also will be considered). Applications are due April 23, 2018 by 5:00pm. Applicants and mentors will be notified of decisions by May 7, 2018.
Doctoral students should email the following as one PDF document to LaToya Reese at firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date of April 23, 2018 at 5:00pm.
In the subject line of the email, please write “IGniTE-CD trainee application [your last name]”
- Curriculum vitae
- Full transcripts (unofficial) from undergraduate and graduate programs
- GRE scores
- Personal statement, no more than 1000 words, which addresses the following:
- Describe your interest in breast cancer disparities research, including any relevant previous or ongoing research experience, coursework, or personal motivation
- Identify your mentor, and describe any planned or ongoing projects with your mentor relevant to cancer and/or disparities, including your dissertation topic if it is known at this time
- Describe your career goals, and any previous work experience that has led you to these goals